The Youth Enterprise Development Fund is Kenya’s leading youth economic empowerment agency. The Fund is now four years old and has supported thousands of youth with business loans, market support, entrepreneurship training and jobs placement abroad.
The Fund now seeks to fill the positions below which have arisen as a result of expansion.
Reporting to Senior Credit Officer, the Credit Officer will be assigned regional credit portfolio and will work hand in hand with regional coordinators, District Youth Officers and other credit officers at Head office to ensure individual and (or) youth groups who have benefited from the products of the Fund are performing as expected.
* Oversee mobilization of youth groups, loan appraisal and disbursements of loans to individual youths and groups.
* Assist in monitoring and evaluation of loans given to youth groups and prepare monthly status report for each Constituency;
* Carry out trainings to youth
* Update on monthly basis the repayments made by each group in assigned constituency from the bank statements of the collections accounts;
* Follow up on weak groups with the assistance of District Youth Officers and Constituencies
* Prepare payment schedules for each Constituency based on the field returns
* Responsible for system input and maintenance of Loans, credit analysis, security documentation and maintenance, preparation of letters of offer, reports and maintenance of data in IFMIS;
* Answer to any queries from local leaders and other stakeholders on issues relating to the Constituency based loan products
* Make field visits to areas and groups that may show poor performance and provide required advisory and remedial services as and when required.
* A first degree in a Business related field from a reputable university.
* Specialized training in credit or Micro Finance will be an added advantage
* A masters degree in a business discipline will be an added advantage
* Over 3 years experience in credit, preferably in a micro finance institutions.
* Ability to manage all aspects of lending cycle for the Fund`s lending products.
* Possession of good analytical and reporting skills
* Willingness to travel to remote rural areas, passion and eagerness to assist and help empower the most marginalized youth across the 210 constituencies in the country.
* Possess good interpersonal skills to interact with key stakeholders including senior government officials.
* Possess good leadership skills, with ability to manage others.
Public Relations Officer:
Reporting to the Public Relations Manager, the Public Relations Officer will play a key role in the researching, planning, developing and implementing PR strategies of the Fund.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
* researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
* collating and analyzing media coverage;
* writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and annual reports;
* preparing publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, photographs, films, other promotional materials and multimedia programmes;
* organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
* maintaining and updating information on the organization’s website;
* arranging interviews with journalists, preparing and distributing news releases
* assist in preparing organizational documents such as annual reports, corporate profiles and submissions
* monitoring public and media perception of the Fund
* A first Degree in journalism, mass communication, public relations or a bachelor’s degree in social sciences with post graduate diploma in journalism, m