Centre for Health Solutions- Kenya (CHS) is a local indigenous Kenyan organization working in partnership with ICAP Kenya and the Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health and Sanitation to support the implementation of HIV prevention, care and treatment activities at provincial, district and health centre facilities in nine districts in Central Kenya.
CHS harnesses local expertise as well as strategic partnerships to support the implementation of evidence based solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is looking for suitable Kenyan nationals to fill the following positions:
Human Resources and Administration Officer- Nairobi
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Director, the incumbent will provide input to planning, execution and management and coordination of all Human Resources, office and logistics management needs of CHS.
Major duties and responsibilities:
* Develop and administer a human resources management strategy for the organization.
* Develop and implement optimal reward and performance management systems and processes
* Ensure the organization has access to quality human resources on a long-term basis, by developing and implementing appropriate human resources planning and recruitment activities and implementing staff retention strategies
* Manage employee discipline and ensure compliance with CHS Standard Operating Procedures
* Ensure an optimal work environment that promotes employee motivation, team work and helps to maximize employee productivity
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies or Social Sciences from a recognized university;
* A professional HR qualification, such a s a Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management, post graduate diploma in HR management;
* At least 5 years progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities in the NGO sector;
* Practical experience in developing and implementing strategies for managing performance, motivation, change and culture management of staff of different nationalities and diverse cultural backgrounds;
* Familiarity with the National and international Labor Laws
Communication Specialist – Nairobi
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Communication Specialist will strive to effectively communicate the mission, goals and program activities of CHS with donors, stakeholders, government and the public through print and electronic media.
Major duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement the CHS marketing and branding strategy and action plan
* Manage CHS website and social media presence
* In close consultation with the Program Technical Officers and M&E officer, document and disseminate CHS program activities and best practices to donors, government, partners and the public to promote sustainable health initiatives
* Draft, edit, review and ensure accurate translations of advocacy & communication materials before dissemination.
* Liaise with the media to ensure sufficient and accurate coverage of CHS program activities and priorities.
* In liaison with program team members develop indicators and monitor effectiveness of CHS communication initiatives in line with the goals and objectives of the CHS Strategic Plan
* Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, social sciences with equivalent professional work experience.
* Five years progressively responsible work experience in the planning and management of communication, print and broadcast media or interactive digital media, at national or international level.
* Ability to research, analyze, evaluate, synthesize and simplify technical information particularly those related to health communication