Medecins Sans Frontieres – Switzerland
Kala Azar Project, West Pokot, Kenya Programme
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need. At present, MSFCH operates in Kenya in two locations namely Dagahaley, Dadaab and Kacheliba, West Pokot
Location: Kacheliba, West Pokot tart date: end-January, 2011
Type of contract: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
* Local representation of MSF Switzerland to local and regional authorities and journalists visiting the region with close consultation with the Head of Mission.
* Identify the population’ health needs, in close collaboration with the field team
* Draw up the Project’s priorities and objectives, the action plan, the chronogram and partnerships and submit to the mission coordination.
* Steer the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in collaboration with the team by collecting information and comparing it with the objectives set.
* Makes propositions to the organization via the mission coordination team or the desk concerning witnessing action aimed at rendering the populations’ distress public.
* Provide individual follow-up for each team member, management and guidance, coaching, support, advice and evaluation.
* Organize the work, plan activities and distribute the tasks and workload between the team whilst checking their understanding of the issues linked to the project and Mission.
* Write up/update job descriptions for the team before sending them to the mission coordination. Plan and anticipate personnel replacements for the project.
* Vouches for the correct use of the resources put at the MSF’s disposition for carrying out the project
* Responsible for the project’s security measure/protocol