Strengthening finance for agriculture is a priority for Kenya.
USAID’s Financial Inclusion for Rural Microenterprises (FIRM) programme and FSD Kenya have been working in partnership with leading financial institutions to develop new financial products based on detailed research and analysis of value chains.
Based on this success we are now jointly establishing a Value Chain Finance Centre to help drive the development of agricultural finance in the Kenyan financial services market.
We need exceptional professionals to develop this exciting initiative..
Head of the Centre
The Head of the Value Chain Finance Centre will lead the establishment of the Centre as a leading source of technical expertise on value chain financing in Kenya with the objective of expanding the financing of agriculture and related sub-sectors.
Reporting to the Centre’s steering committee the position will involve full responsibility for managing the Centre, commissioning detailed research into selected value chains and then working with partners from across the financial services industry to apply the findings to develop new and better financial products.
It will also involve working closely with other stakeholders in Government and regulatory authorities.
We’re looking for someone with a strong and relevant professional background motivated to apply their skills and experience to solving practical development problems and making a difference. It will require an entrepreneurial attitude, you will need to be both a ’thinker’ and a ’doer’
At a minimum you will have:
* A relevant qualification in finance, economics, business or related field.
* Experience working in the Kenya financial services sector.
* Track record in project management, including the ability to run large, complex projects.
* Demonstrated strong understanding of research and financial analysis skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate well in written and oral form in English.
The Research Manager will be in charge of the Centre’s research programme, responsible for generating and disseminating high quality research on selected value chains in Kenya to underpin the development of appropriate and sustainable finance.
At the core of this research will be detailed quantitative measurement of the economics of the value chain, establishing volumes, prices and margins along key elements of the chain. This data will provide the basis for identifying opportunities for viable new financial products.
We need an experienced researcher with a passion for applying research to solve real world problems.
At a minimum you will have:
* Masters qualification in a relevant quantitative field (finance, economics, business or related).
* Knowledge of the financial services sector.
* Track record in research management, including the ability to run large, complex teams of researchers and oversee quality assurance.
* Demonstrated strong quantitative research and financial analysis skills.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate well in written and oral form ¡n English