Vacancy Notice No: IOM/057/11
Functional Title: Guest House and Accommodation Manager
Duty Station: Dadaab, Kenya
Duration of Assignment: 3 months
IOM Dadaab Sub Office is currently expanding its guest facilities and constructing a staff cafeteria and restaurant for use by IOM staff and guests. IOM intends to hire a Restaurant and Accommodation Manager to manage both the accommodation and restaurant facilities.
It has been proposed that IOM hires a consultant in addition to the Restaurant and Accommodation Manager to assist with the initial set up of the facilities in as quick and efficient manner as possible.
Under the supervision of the Head of Operations and the direction of the Head of Sub Office Dadaab, the incumbent will be responsible for the setting up and establishment of guest house and restaurant facilities at IOM Dadaab.
In particular they will:
* Assessment of the current set up ( gaps/needs)
* Recommend/develop implementation plans, budget, costing, acquisition/purchase of materials, promotional campaign, brochures.
* Develop implementing procedures, manuals, and guidelines on guest and restaurant operations.
* Develop a training manual and written SOPs for all guest house and restaurant staff
* Assist in the recruitment and train staff
* Manage start up operations
* Restaurant and Guesthouse Launching
* Perform any other duties as maybe assigned.
* First instalment of 25% to be paid upon signing of contract.
* Second Instalment of 25% to be paid upon completion of implementation plan and development of SOPs as outlined in points 2.1 through 2.3;
* Third instalment of 50% to be paid upon implementation of recommendations and launch of facilities as indicated in points 2.4 through 2.6;