CITAM Consultant Firm: Salary survey
Term of Reference
Christ is the Answer Ministries (CITAM) currently has nine assemblies-(Valley Road, Woodley, Karen, Parklands, Kisumu, Thika Road, Buruburu,Ngong and Nakuru).
It also runs the following institutions NPC Academy Buruburu(Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary),NPC Academy Woodley (Kindergarten and Primary school),KPC Academy Kisumu,NPC Children’s Centre in Kiserian ,a Catering Unit and 93.3 Hope FM.
CITAM has a total of 330 employees in various professions and job functions.
The assignment seeks to establish appropriate compensation levels for job positions of the approved structure under prevailing economic conditions in Kenya.
The consultancy should determine whether the scales are in line with the prevailing market conditions for similar functions and comparable work and make recommendations to establish adequate and sustainable salary benefits levels for CITAM employees which is within the legal and Policy framework.
C .1. CITAM Deliverables:
1. CITAM will provide guidance and any clarification sought on the exercise.
2. CITAM will provide information on current job titles, salary grades and structure.
3. CITAM will provide the Consultant with the list of targeted employers.
4. CITAM will provide the Consultant with introductory letters and any other facilitation found necessary in contacting the comparator employers.
5. CITAM will review and shortlist additional employers that may be proposed by the Consultant.
C. 2. Consultant Deliverables:
i. The Consultant will conduct research and interviews with comparator employers to be agreed in CITAM:
* Have systematic contract pay policies that include clearly distinguished remuneration ranges for levels of responsibility
* Are organizations established in the country for at least 3 years.
* Have a minimum number of 100 employees.
ii. The Consultant will conduct a job matching exercise by comparing selected job profiles of CITAM staff with those of the targeted sample of comparator organizations, based on the benchmark terms of reference i.e Basic salary plus allowances and other benefits.
iii. The Consultant will collect and analyze data on compensation, allowances and benefits from the targeted employers and obtain the prevailing remuneration and benefits data.
iv. Included in this survey is also missionary staff in out posts ( In and outside Africa)
v. The Consultant will analyze survey outcomes and prepare an initial report within 1 month from the commencement of the exercise and a final report by 15th October 2011 with recommendations for CITAM that is realistic and sustainable.