Job Title:HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT, G5
Department/ Office: United Nations Office at Nairobi
Duty Station: NAIROBI
Job Opening number:13-HRE-UNON-28454-R-NAIROBI (X)
To apply https://inspira.un.org/psp/PUNA1J/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/UN_CUSTOMIZATIONS.UN_JOB_DETAIL.GBL?Page=UN_JOB_DETAIL&Action=A&UNAction=Apply&JobOpeningId=28454&cmd=login&languageCd=ENG&
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Organizational Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is the UN headquarters in Africa and the respective office of the Secretary-General. UNON supports programme implementation of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the UN Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) globally, as well as other UN offices in Kenya, by providing administrative, conference and information services (www.unon.org). This post is located in the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Human Resources Management Services, Recruitment and Planning Section (RPS).
Under the general supervision of the Chief, RPS and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. Recruitment and Placement: Process applications for vacancies, including preparing and maintaining case files for candidates; Assist in the filling of posts, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments; Evaluate and screen applications of candidates; Review and edit draft job openings; Oversee the electronic maintenance of job opening files, tracking status of job openings, web posting of UN system vacancies, and other electronic reports; Maintain Recruitment and Central Review Body related databases containing Human Resources related statistics and prepare periodic reports; Maintain selected aspects of internal Recruitment workflow tracking system, preparing periodic reports.
2. Central Review Bodies (CRB): Support the CRB Secretary in managing the deliberations of the respective CRBody.
3. Recruitment and administration of consultants and individual contractors: Process consultants' and individual contractors' contracts including evaluation and fee determination; ensuring that medical clearance is obtained, when necessary.
4. General: Provide general office support services, process, draft, edit, proofread and finalise for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; Set up and maintain files/records (electronic and paper); Schedule appointments/meetings, monitor deadlines, etc.; Prepare written response to queries concerning Human Resources related matters; Undertake research on a range of HR related issue and assist in the preparation of notes/reports; Maintain automated database containing HR related statistics and prepare periodic reports; Assist in the preparation of necessary documentation for distribution to various offices, departments and overseas offices; Provide guidance/training to junior staff.
5. Perform other related duties as required.
Professionalism: Knowledge of the human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others'